Thursday, August 31, 2006

New addition to the woodshed!




















I never get tired of buying wood, its a sickness that most guitar builders have :)
This week I was able to score what might be the nicest set of Cocobolo I have ever seen!

This set was found, cut up and stored away by my good friend Brock Poling.
Brock had this set earmarked for a special "Poling guitar" down the road.
Brock sent me this picture and I begin the long process of "Whaddya want! How much ! How about this! OK and ill throw in that!
Eventually Brock caved under my relentless pressure :) Well, not really "caved" But instead knowing that I wanted to making this into a show guitar for the Healdsburg Guitar Festival next year he gave it up.! ----- Well, he didn't really "GIVE" it up, but you get the idea :)

Suffice to say, If you would like this made into your "Dream Guitar" contact me and well chat!
Otherwise, look for it at the HGF next August 17,18 and 19th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed Lance, that is one beautiful piece(s) of cocobolo, but I think that cocobolo set below you are using on PaulF's OM is even prettier. That fellow Paul must be one lucky guy!

paul

Anonymous said...

Happy to oblige. :-)

That is a really hot set...

Brock

Anonymous said...

I bet that would pair up nicely with an LS top on a new E2...

Mitch

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Lance Kragenbrink said...

Dear Anonymous,
You should read my new blog at
http://kragenbrinkguitars.squarespace.com/
This blog has been dead for a year or so now.

Thanks
Lance