Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Healdsburg Report Edition ONE

Feeling the pressure!

In this past month(February) I have started to feel the pressure of being ready for the Healdsburg Guitar Festival. I see a lot of things coming together, but (BUT) here is the contrast, I also see a LOT that has yet to be done.

The cases are ALL ordered and will be in on time, The 0-12 is almost ready for finish, the Asian Ebony/Addy E2 (see below) is probably the next closest to being ready. The rosette will be done today or tomorrow and then its on to bracing. After that I can close up the box.

That leaves the Flamed Mahogany Carpathian E2 for which the back is done and the top is underway, and the LS Koa cutaway OMFS, again back is done and top is underway. Its times like this I wish I could take a month off work and spend it in my shop in total sawdust bliss :-)

Anyways, thats it for Edtion ONE of the Healdsburg Report!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the reply the stage manager from "Shakespeare In Love" gave when asked how in the world the production was ever going to be ready in time. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's a mystery..."

You'll make it happen (but best of luck, anyway).

Mitch