Monday, July 16, 2007

Help Build a guitar!

I thought id do an online experiment!

Help me build a guitar!

This guitar will be an 0-12 model. The back and side set will be
Brazilian Rosewood. Below are two small sets that I pulled to build this guitar with.

I want YOU to decide -which- set to use :-)

Above you will see a poll, please select Set #1 or Set #2.
Next will be the top selection. I have 4 sets of Adirondack to choose from as well as rosette, bridge, fretboard and binding styles!

If you have never commissioned a guitar, this should be a fun and free way to experience the journey and joy of seeing it from start to finish -and- having a voice in the process.

So please, case your vote and feel free to post comments at any time!

Hope this is fun! I am going to try to complete this guitar to have ready for the new Miami Guitar show in April 2008.

Set #1
Set #2

4 comments:

Jene said...

I've never seen a BRW set I don't like; each of the 2 has pros and cons so it's hard to pick.

Anonymous said...

The grain on #2 is more dramatic, although it may simply be a better picture. I love a touch of sapwood but more as a highlight than a dominant feature. An inch or so would be enough for me (but that's me) These two have very wide sapwood grain as did Dave's OMFS. Very pretty, though.

–Mitch

Anonymous said...

Lance:
Is it legal to vote twice in Michigan?

paul f

Lance Kragenbrink said...

Hi Paul, are you visiting my State again :-)