Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mike Crixells Brazilian Rosewood Rosette!

Here is the rosette Mike and I picked for his guitar, its a very slender piece of figured Brazilian rosewood framed with a black/koa/black purfling.

Setting up to cut the ring from the rosewood blank.



Here you can see the outside diameter has been cut.



Next the inside cut is made.




Here we have the ring after its been cut from the blank.




Next I cut the channel in the top to fit the ring into.




Now the Brazilian rosette is in, with the inner and outer purflings, next I will flood it with Cynoacrylic glue, and then level.





Tonight I will level the rosette and get some finished pictures up!

As always, thanks for reading my blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a Brazilian Rosewood coaster too!

Mark C.

Jene said...

Hi Lance:
In fact I've been thinking about the same theme of rosette! Frankly the Koa frame doesn't really stand out as I thought. Perhaps it's the dark Redwood that got it blended. If the Koa rings could be widened to ~1/3 of the Braz ring width it might look better.
Jene

Lance Kragenbrink said...

Hi Jene,
The koa is very subtle for sure, it will fit the over all theme of this guitar. Its going to have braz bindings and the same thin koa purfling line sandwiched between the braz and a b/w/b purf.