Monday, March 24, 2008

Bitter Sweet.

Always a bitter sweet time when I drop one of my babies in the mail to
head off to there rightful owner for the rest of there days :(
After changing out the Nickel Gotoh tuners for Gold tuners with black buttons (DOH!), I
said good by to Paul F's LS Redwood Cocobolo OMFS. It is now on its way to
to live in New Mexico.
With his out the door, I am concentrating on Mark Cashmans E2 which will be ready for the
Montreal Guitar show, also Jack Wills OMFS Twins. They are all three on the bench now in various
states of completion.
I am very excited about Jacks guitars! They are both made from similar pieces of Cocobolo.
The top on one is Cedar and the other Engelmann. They are braced identical.
Same bridge plate and brace stock. I am very interested in hearing the difference in the voices. The top woods
will be the biggest difference between the two. So this will allow me a great opportunity to A/B them.
More later!

No comments: