Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Detour -- Right -- for redwood :)

If you've been following the building notes of the 0-12 you know that I wanted to put
a nice Italian top on it. I have since changed my mind, After all its my guitar so I can do that :-)

With my propensity toward redwood, I pulled a real nice set of "Carter TB Redwood" from the wood shelve and went to work. This guitar will be completely adorned with Brazilian rosewood appointments. I selected a nice chocolate brown piece for the rosette as well as the pyramid bridge. Below are a few pictures that show how its coming. Thanks as always for looking!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, my "so pretty it's painful" comment I left on the "More Rosettes" thread was for this O's Braz rosette on the Redwood top (although the FS Koa on Redwood's pretty too).

That chocolate Braz pyramid bridge and rosette on a Redwood top is one of the most handsome combinations I've ever seen (but that's just me).

Beautiful work, Lance.

–Mitch

Lance Kragenbrink said...

Thanks Mitch, good thing the bridge ain't nailed down, its backwards :0(

Anonymous said...

Lance,

Absolutely LOVE the BRAZ pyramid bridge. Agree with Mitch, a CLASSIC rich combination on the Redwood.

You're not going to have to stray very far from what you've already done in building mine!!

Ray