Thursday, June 28, 2007

Counting down to Healdsburg!

After a few uneasy months where I was unsure if I would be able to make it to Healdsburg. It seems the clouds have cleared and I am going to be ready.
Here are the two guitars that I will be bringing. Both are for sale now and will be at the show.

You may have seen this one come together on the blog, its the 0-12. Carter Redwood top and a very special four piece Cocobolo back and side set (props once again to my buddy Brock Poling for giving this set up). Extremely lively box. This is going to be a fantastic little fingerstyle guitar.






This one was just completed last night and will be headed to finish on Saturday. It is my E2 model with a great Adirondack top, Malaysian Blackwood back and sides, Koa rosette and bindings and a cool red purfling line that I think just sets off the koa really nice! Tell me what you think?

Tonally this is going to be a very responsive guitar with ample volume and headroom. The Addy top is strong and will be able to handle a heavy picking hand, yet its so responsive I fully anticipate this guitar will also excel when played with your finger tips. The dense Blackwood back creates a very reflective plate which in-turn offers up a "presents" or "quickness" to its sound. I am very excited to get strings on this baby!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things came together for you, Lance. These two instruments look good now and will surely look even better after finish.

Dave R

Anonymous said...

They look great, Lance. I really like the red spruce top on the E2. The new logo looks great on the headstock of the little O. Much success to you at Healdsburg!

Mark C.

Lance Kragenbrink said...

Thanks Dave and Mark!